Sunday, April 27, 2014

Shattered (Extreme Risk #2) by Tracy Wolff REVIEW

SYNOPSIS

Ash Lewis has poured every last ounce of his blood, sweat, and tears into reaching the very top of the professional snowboarding world—until the unthinkable happens. After the biggest competition win of his career, Ash’s mother and father are killed in a tragic accident. Unable to handle the idea of going back out on the snow to pursue the dream his parents shared with him, Ash feels that he has no choice but to walk away from snowboarding forever. Then he meets Tansy Hampton.

Wild, fun, and impulsive, Tansy has a different look and a new passion every week. As a cancer survivor who spent the past several years waiting to die, Tansy has a fresh perspective on life—even if she doesn’t have a clue about what she actually wants to do with it. But she’s determined to find out, and that means making the most of her time while she still can.

From the very beginning, their chemistry is intense. But while Ash can’t stop chasing the ghosts of what can never be, Tansy stays firmly focused on the possibilities the world holds for her—and for them. She’s already picked up the pieces of one shattered life. Now she’s determined to help Ash do the same.

REVIEW

I loved this book more then I have any other book in a long time. I read shredded and enjoyed it so much with the way it ended I couldn't wait for this one to come out, and I sure was not disappointed!  

Ash's parents and little brother were in an accident on the way to watch him compete. Both his parents were killed and his brother Logan was injured horrible. I felt so bad for him and the way he was taring himself apart from the inside out! He really was shattered and I felt like one wrong this and he was going to come apart.  He has so much on his plate and if trying to be strong and do what he needs to do but one person can only handle so much stress and heartbreak before they break themselves. 

Tansy, well what to say about her other then I LOVED HER! Her personality alone would have sold me on this book. Her hair a different color every time and how her style would change so drastic was funny but also just showed how much she was trying to figure out who she is other then "cancer girl". Now in remission she wants to live her life and really just figure out who she is. When she meets Ash to try and get him to meet Timmy a teenage boy that is dying and wants to meet Ash as his one wish, she is blown away not only by the attraction she feels for him but she soon finds out what is going on in his life and she seems like the only person that really understands. 

God I could go on and on and on because lets just face it I'm kind of a goner for this book but I wont do that I will leave some to the imagination, But trust me when I say this. YOU HAVE TO READ THIS BOOK! YOU WILL NOT WANT TO MISS OUT ON THIS ONE!

If you haven't read Shredded by Tracy Wolff book one in this series please go check it out too! 
My review for book one can be found at http://lovesabook.blogspot.com/2014/01/shredded-by-tracy-wolff-review.html 

No comments:

Post a Comment